Vimek specializes in compact forestry machines and wants to develop machines that provide the best conditions for producing valuable clearing and first-time thinning stocks. We believe in an increased interest in mechanized forest management and where bio-energy assortment in many areas can make a significant contribution to the forest management that enables higher returns on future thinning.
The new concept of BIO-DUO
Vimek expands the use of our Vimek 404 DUO combination machine by producing a BIO package. This means that with this configuration you get a specialized machine for harvesting and shredding tree parts, in other words a machine for bio-fuel extraction from the forest!
Perhaps the market's most realistic alternative to machine cleaning.
As the conditions vary from stock to stock, as well as over time, we believe that the flexibility of adapting the machine to how the stock can be cleared most cost-effectively is a key factor to succeed:
- If there is no provision for energy consumption, or if the stems are too small, the stems are quickly cleared down with the Vimek C12 clearing head.
- If you want to make energy withdrawals in a stock, you can use the Vimek Bio-Duo package with multi-tree gripping saw as a trap. Then simply attach to the trolley and scoop out the wood without changing tools.
- Is there an existing roadway, such as when harvesting after a ditch or road, you can have the trolley connected all the time and trap and put on the trolley immediately. Then the machine becomes a driver instead of a combination machine.
- Of course, you can attach a harvesting head for harvesting CTL timber before switching to a grip and attaching the trolley for scraping.
All in one machine platform!
Vimek has for a long time collaborated with Svenska Hypro in Lönsboda and the Hypro-manufactured felling grapple, in combination with Vimek's multi-tree handling and machine control, is one of the market's fastest tree-section units. The saw has now received some additional updates, including separate oil lubrication of the saw chain instead of grease, and that the previous 5 cm3 saw engine has been replaced by a 10 cm3 saw engine.
We believe that this lightweight, yet effective, unit on the Vimek 404 DUO will provide a very high capacity for logging. And that our customers in this machine are given a valuable tool to further raise the quality of the remaining stock in the road going and selective tree felling.
Vimek's hydraulic struts enable compression of bulky tree parts and thus increase the load capacity. Switching from a standard CTL harvester unit to a gripping saw takes a few minutes and you are ready to cut down tree parts. In a few minutes you have installed the driven trolley with compressive struts and can eject the material. In some cases, you can also let the trolley follow the harvesting stage and place the tree parts directly on the trolley.
Possible work areas for Vimek 404 BIO-DUO
- Neglected stocks where the forest owner wants to clear a stock without taking major risks through wide roadways or heavy withdrawals. Biofuel withdrawals can contribute to the implementation of the measure and make the area more accessible.
- Urban forests, or other areas, where you want to make the area more accessible to people and animals by removing decayed tribes from the ground.
- Removal of final felling with the withdrawal of GROT (branches and tree tops). Vimek BIO-DUO can cost efficiently cut undergrowth that slows down the finishing machine and prepare the area for final harvesting. The trees that are felled can either be taken out with the Vimek machine directly, or put together to be taken out later together with GROT from the final felling.
- Forest roads, conduits, trenches or similar where there is a lot of biomass and the trunks can be felled, split and loaded directly on the trolley.
- Weak chips where damage can occur if you use too heavy a machine.
Want to know more? Please contact:
+46 (0)70 234 95 34